VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Friday, October 17, 2014

Upcoming Class Opportunities

As I talk with my students many express frustration and a bit of fear when it comes to finishing a painting. I hear, "I get to a certain point and don't know how to proceed." Some of those emotions are just part of the art process....The key is to keep painting, find a place to learn and receive feedback, and learn from your mistakes.

I've organized a set of classes that help students learn key steps in the painting process. I don't just step up to the canvas and start slapping paint on - I do a lot of thinking and planning ahead of time. This planning time, in my opinion, is just as important as the painting time. From Start To Finish helps students work through these steps with guidance. As they work through a project of their own interest, I am there to help them climb and make it to the other side of the hill.

Classes meet on Thursday's from 10-2 at Patris Studio and Gallery - 3460 2nd Ave. Sacramento, CA. We will be meeting October 23, November 6, and 13. Please email me for registration and to receive a supply list. Also mark your calendar. I will be teaching a figure class this winter. 

Still a few spots open in my Speed Studies Workshop with Folsom Art Association. Please read more and sign up with Folsom Art Association -Click Here

"An extremely talented artist and teacher with a formal art background, Abby is able to provide the guidance needed for her students to advance in each of their styles. She devotes a good deal of time to each easel giving helpful critiques and suggestions in a supportive, friendly way. Abby's classes are always a great learning experience and a lot of fun." - Alison Bligh
"If you want to paint faster with confidence, Abigail VanCannon is the teacher for you.She has a gifted way of coaxing her students to lay on paint with speed and confidence! A talented, kind and giving artist who knows how to teach!" - Ann Larsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment