VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Sunday, October 4, 2015

SF Workshop Success!

About eight ladies participated in my first SF workshop. We had such an exciting time exploring some landmark locations and capturing the essence of the city with our paint. We painted during the day and headed back to the house for a wonderfully planned dinner and art talk/review at night. We battled some fog, wind and a few curious tourist, but it was well worth the challenge considering the different views we had to paint from. With all the positive feedback I think we will repeat this event again!
 China Camp State Park - The diversity of the Bay Area is incredible!




 One of my favorite street views in North Beach. 
 *Highlight from this spot was selling my demo painting to a pair of German tourists after they walked by and saw it.*

 Down by the water again. The ladies were big troopers! It was a little cold and windy but they all managed to capture the bridge and rolling clouds fading in and out of view.  

 This is the view from the house we stayed in. 
 We also painted at and around the Legion of Honor
The view of GG from Fort Point is so dramatic. What a great challenge in perspective and atmosphere. These ladies did a great job battling the chill and capturing the mood of the day. 



9 comments:

  1. What a trip! All new places ,, hidden gems in a city that is close to my heart. My first plein air trip ...ever. Talented painters and exceptional one on one attention from Abbigail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came and painted with me! You did great and the first plein air trip is under your belt ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THANK YOU CHEF DENNIS! Everything you made was delicious and really made each evening special.

      Delete
  3. A very fun and productive, time of plein air painting and artist camaraderie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the coordination with this trip Patris! I couldn't have done it with out you and Mary! Wonderful to paint with you as well!

      Delete
  4. Oh it was spectacular! I can't wait for the next trip with all the wonderful artists (and chef) I met!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we met at the art festival and you decided to join me!! You did great. I hope you can come again soon.

      Delete