VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Art collector and enthusiast?

Do you love to surround yourself with beautiful things? Do you try to express yourself through your surroundings? Collecting art can tell a lot about a person, like fashion, its a projection of oneself. There are so many reasons to collect artwork. Sometimes the pieces I gravitate towards are bright in color and mood. Having these paintings in my surroundings make me happier on a daily basis. Other pieces I collect because they seem to touch a chord in my soul - like the piece was created just for me.
I snapped this photo in Washington DC this summer at The Museum of Fine Art. John Singer Sargent is one of
 those artists that takes my breathe away and elevates me to a higher place. 

Often, this is my goal when I create a painting. I want others to be able to relate, reminisce and have introspective thoughts and feelings.

Dancing At The Sock Hop, Oil on Canvas (click to view in store)

Although I often try to convey uplifting emotions with my figurative work, sometimes they come across more reserved. As we all know, life is not a bed of roses. These pieces we can relate to because they are rooted in our humanity.

Day Dream, Oil on Canvas (click to view in Store)

www.vancannonart.com - vancannonart@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment