VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tahoe Workcation

The lines of work and play can, for an artist, blend together like fine wine. Last week was what I like to call a workcation. I went to Lake Tahoe to paint outdoors for the week and capture some of the fall colors. I painted 8 hours a day and had a blast doing it. I left feeling rejuvenated as though I had taken a vacation.
 Part of the fun is finding gem spots like this one. A nice local man let us use his backyard to set up camp for a few hours. I was captivated by the moving and reflecting water. Thank you nice Truckee Man for the spot!

Between Kings Beach and Truckee we found a gorgeous aspen grove of Hwy 267. The leaves glittered gold in the wind and the contrast of gold, blue, and green colors was breathtaking. Just walking through the trees evoked peace and quite - a needed break from the daily stresses of life. Hopefully when you see my work it will take you on a trip through memories of peace and beautiful places.
The groves were so beautiful my painting buddy talked me into going back to Truckee a few days later to continue painting. We had been warned that Tahoe weather changes fast and these gold beauties would only be around for maybe another week. I was shocked that just two days later the leaves were already falling and trees changing. There was still plenty to paint, but it was raining leaves! 
Babbling River - 6x8 - $350 (includes frame)
Gold Girls - 8x10 - $475 (includes frame)
Contact Abigail for Purchase - www.vancannonart.com - 415.225.2161

No comments:

Post a Comment