VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Full Circle

Three years ago my husband and I visited Sacramento - feeling out the city and community. My husband had just started a job in Sacramento and was commuting from Oakland for a few months until I graduated from AAU and we could move. As we were house hunting and getting a lay of the land, we started to heavily invest time into learning about the local art scene. I clearly remember visiting a trendy brick interior design studio and gallery in the heart of Midtown. Atelier 20 carried original handmade home accents, fine art sculpture and oil paintings by local artists, jewelry, stamps, lamps, etc. It was such an intimate way to view artwork compared to the traditional white wall gallery. I remember talking to the gallery assistant, inquiring about shows and promising myself that I would one day have my own exhibition there.

Fast Forward 3 years...


I stand in the foyer of the gallery talking with viewers as they eye my work. It is a beautiful Sacramento summer evening and is evident by the show attendance. I am thrilled with the chance to reach my goal of showing in this gallery and to display an entire new body of work. The night ebbs and flows with throngs of people coming and going. I forget all the stress and commitment leading up to the show and enjoy the nights positive response. It's a great night to be an artists!


My work hangs on the brick walls - accented by home decor and furniture. The feel of the gallery allows the viewer to connect and visualize the work in a home environment. 


Red Dots are going up around the store. I am thrilled to see my "babies" finding good homes. 


A great curator knows how to take work of all shapes and sizes and arrange it into a pleasing manner. Atelier 20 did an exceptional job - Viewers can move throughout the space taking in clusters of paintings, creating a greater sense of space and environment. 



Are you looking for a city scene for your home or office. View this collection online at 
www.vancannonart.com . You can also view the show in Sacramento at 
Atelier 20 [915 20th St.] 
until September 5, 2015. All work is for sale and can be shipped worldwide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment