VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Monday, April 6, 2015

A New Direction


About this time 6 years ago I toured an art school in San Francisco. I dreamed of continuing my art education and living in California. That summer I was accepted into the MFA program and Fall 2009, I was studying figurative painting at the Academy of Art University.  I graduated December 2012 from the program and embarked on a journey of being a career artist. The past two years in Sacramento have been profitable with local shows, teaching adult painting classes, and establishing a home studio.


But....
A new year calls for new direction


 For 2015 my main focus will be participating in Art Festivals throughout Northern California. I am excited for this new direction and have spent the last months preparing. I've applied and been selected into a number of festivals with anticipation of receiving more acceptance into others. Above is a picture of my first one being mailed off. :)

I now have a traveling Gallery! This is just a glimpse of how VanCannonArt will look like on the road. 



Plans are starting to come together. I just purchased my first minivan to haul around my tent, panels and artwork. Its already coming in handy as I picked up a load of frames for my work. 


Thanks for sharing in my excitement! I am thrilled to have this opportunity and thankful for how everything is coming together. I hope you can join me at an event this year. The first few are listed below or you can check my website periodically as I update the calendar. 

Roseville - Art Affaire On The Square - April 25-26
El Dorado Hills - Art and Wine Affaire - May 9-10, 2015
Oakland -Montclair Village - 40th Annual Fine Arts Sidewalk Festival - June 26-28



No comments:

Post a Comment