VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Portrait Painting Class / Fall Schedule

For the last few years I've been teaching ongoing painting sessions at Patris Studios and Gallery. My classes have covered figurative, landscape, still life, and speed studies. I've shared how to paint in large format, plan and design projects, color theory, brushwork, and a variety of other topics. This fall I will return to the figure and focus on portrait painting.

Day Dream, Oil, 20x20

I will be instructing on the fundamentals of portrait painting in a traditional manner. We will cover my process, color palette, brushwork, painting from a model, painting from a photograph, proportions and measuring. I will demo throughout the class using oil paint. Pastel, acrylic, and watercolor painters are welcome to attend. Everyone will receive ample easel side assistance throughout the class. 

Painted from a model - 3 hr. session

The 8 week class will be held on Thursday's from 10-2 at Patris Studio and Gallery. The class will cost $40 each session and will also include handouts and model fees. You do not need to attend every week to participate, But please email me beforehand to schedule the days you will attend. 
Class will be held every Thursday in from November - January 14, with the exception of Nov. 26, Dec. 24, and Dec. 31. I will give a $25 savings for students who sign up and pay for sessions in advance. You must prepay for at least 5 sessions to receive the discount.

VanCannonArt - vancannonart@gmail.com - (415)225-2161- www.vancannonart.com
Patris Studio And Gallery - 3460 2nd Ave. Sacramento, CA


Cream - ©2013

Whisper In The Wind -©2011

In My Mother's Arms - ©2013

No comments:

Post a Comment