VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Friday, February 27, 2015

Cup of tea

I had planned a Bay Area painting day with some friends, but last minute changes caused us to stay local. It worked out great since we still met at Patris Studios in Sacramento and brought our still life props outdoors. 

We tried to create a charming outdoor patio scene. It reminds me of the days I slow down and take time to sit outside on the back patio with my cup of coffee. 

 This speed studies took about 90 minutes.

Artist Ann Larsen zooms in on the bouquet of flowers and bowl of lemons. 

Patris takes on the table top still life too - speed studies creates lots of loose and bold brush strokes. A great response to the beautiful scene. 


I had time to get a second still life in before the sun moved behind the building. Thinking of Spring, I composed a vase of camellias and sliced lemons (courtesy of Ann's garden) on the table top. This speed studies took about 90 minutes. 

Want to learn to paint bold, colorful paintings? Join me next weekend for Speed Studies Workshop at Patris Studio. Or join me on Thursday's for 10 weeks of Speed Studies! Learn more on my website - www.vancannonart.com/classes/



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy that you go on sight painting! Studies are lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I love painting outdoors. The colors are more vivid and I can react to the moment.

      Delete