VancannonArt

VancannonArt

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

just a fly on the wall (part II)

I got up early to walk the beach. I love combing for shells and things... I couldn't believe it but those painters were already out there! They must take their painting very seriously. Maybe it was the crisp morning air that gave me the courage, but I started to talk to the one in the pink jacket. She mentioned that they were going to paint in Pacific Grove later and that they paint often all over the state. She had a special name for her painting - plain air? I assume its a fancy word for painting outside or something?



Call me a stalker, but I totally went to Pacific Grove that afternoon. It was part because I am intrigued by the painters and part because of the way they described that area. It did not disappoint! There were all these craggy rocks jutting up from the shoreline. Waves breaking on some and spraying blasts of water into the air.  Gorgeous orange and red ice plants covered the grounds surrounding the beach. 


I did find my painters, but decided to watch from a distance this time. Amazing how quickly they can describe a place with paint. I loved all the pieces! 




I enjoyed sitting along the shoreline for a few hours. I even saw this adorable sea otter playing among the rocks! The sun was shining and wind calmly blowing. Before I left I approached the artists hoping they had websites. Lucky for me they did and they mentioned that they sell their works too. (www.vancannonart.com, www.natalielundeen.com, www.artist-patris.com)When I get back home I'm going to check them out. It would be nice to have something hanging to remind me of this retreat. No matter how crazy life gets I can just look at those beach scenes and let the memories take me there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment